In class yesterday we were discussing and talking about Mark Twain. Here are some things we learnt about him.
- Mark Twain is not his real name. His real name is actually Samuel Clemens
- He got the name Mark Twain from where he works. For his job he does rowing and he was the one who had to tell the other rowers where to row by testing how deep the water was. and two metres was called twain and so if the water was two metres deep, he had to yell out "Mark Twain!".
- He is a famous author
- He wrote Huckleberry Fin and the adventures of Tom Sawyer.
- He was American
Here are some of his quotes:
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
- Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.